Featuring E-Series Alumni: Elizabeth Wong, Taku Resort & Cookery
We’re taking a look back and featuring stories of amazing entrepreneurs who graduated from our E-Series Program!
Meet Elizabeth Wong of Taku Resort & Cookery, E-Series Class of 2014!
Elizabeth Wong is in Business Development for the family-owned Taku Resort & Cookery on Quadra Island, BC. Over 30 years ago, four families bought the resort as a place where they could enjoy the beauty of the West Coast. Elizabeth grew up in the resort, where some of her earliest memories are from spending the whole day on the water. Below, Elizabeth shares about her journey and the gives advice to fellow entrepreneurs.
1. Give us your elevator pitch in 140 characters!
Skip a rock, pick berries and star gaze. Taku Resort & Cookery, a west coast destination that reconnects you with nature, family and friends.
2. Since starting your company, what has been the highlight of your entrepreneurial journey?
Watching people discover the west coast. Seeing a child pick-up a little crab for the first time to hearing about how a guest has never slept better because of the fresh air and surrounding peacefulness.
3. Since your graduation from the E-Series program, what goals do you have for your business in the next year?
E-Series program showed me how to think bigger! My goal is to work on our branding message and strategy so that we can attract international guests.
4. What is the best piece of advice you took away from E-Series that you’d like to share with others?
The best piece of advice that came from two of the different speakers was to think bigger and out of the box.
5. What advice would you give to an entrepreneur who is just starting out?
Get out and meet with people of different expertise and tell them about your business. It is often hard to see the larger picture or where you need help when you are only working on your own. Buy them a coffee and talk to them about your business and more importantly listen to what they have to say.
To learn more about Elizabeth Wong, visit her website.